Finance Senior Manager
Posted on: November 15, 2019
FIBA, the International Basketball Federation, is the world
governing body for basketball. Founded by eight nations in 1932,
FIBA now brings together 213 National Basketball Federations from
all over the world.A non-profit organization, FIBA's mission is to
develop and promote the game of basketball, uniting the wider
basketball community, which counts more than 450 million players
and fans.FIBA organizes and oversees international competitions
including the FIBA Basketball World Cup, the FIBA Women's
Basketball World Cup and the Olympic Basketball Tournaments.FIBA's
headquarters, the House of Basketball, is situated in Mies,
Switzerland on the shores of Lake Geneva.FIBA has five Regional
Offices to provide direct services to the National Member
Federations in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and Oceania.
Miami serves as the regional office for the Americas. For more
information, please visit:
POSITION DESCRIPTIONThis position will serve as the Finance Senior
Manager for FIBA AMERICAS. Based in Miami, FL, this role will
report directly into the Chief Financial Officer at FIBA Global HQ
in Mies, Switzerland and on a dotted line basis to the Executive
Director of FIBA AMERICAS. He/she will be responsible for directing
and controlling all aspects of management reporting, budgeting,
analysis of bids, coordination with the Finance and Controller
groups to ensure compliance with local accounting and tax
requirements, and administration of FIBA AMERICAS. Participate as a
member of the senior management team for FIBA AMERICAS and the
Global Finance team at FIBA Global HQ.
Major Responsibilities: Accounting, Financial Reporting and
- Financial reporting and Controlling
- Leading the FIBA Americas Finance & Controllership activities
to provide meaningful, timely and actionable financial analysis to
senior management and leaderships teams.Ensure accurate and timely
submission of required financial reports and analyses, including
departmental, segment and geographic reports, variance analyses,
business performance highlights, etc.
- Work with FIBA Global Finance team to ensure compliance of all
accounting procedures, processes, and controls, as well as
implementing improvements and efficiencies where possible.
- Work with FIBA Global Finance team to ensure local fiscal and
regulatory compliance for all FIBA Americas related entities,
including tax and statutory financial statement filing requirements
and annual audits.
- Treasury Management, control, and cash flow forecasting.
- Support and coordinate alignment of Finance best-practices,
controls and policies as may be directed on a global basis by the
- Supervise and manage work assignments of Finance direct report
and provide instruction and direction to regionally-based Finance
staff, in order that all pertinent responsibilities are efficiently
- Coordinate with and support Human Resources, Legal, HRIS and
Payroll, as necessary, concerning employment status and payroll
issues that may arise for regional office staff.
Business Strategy Support:
- As part of the senior leadership team in the Americas, support
the development of the regional strategy, business plan and
priorities, and actively participate in all elements of regional
business on an on-going basis.
- Support National Federations and sub-regional offices in the
development and preparation of the annual business plan & budget,
and the monthly forecasting process in coordination with Global HQ;
evaluate business performance against budget and other financial
and non-financial metrics to provide real-time insight.
- Direct and oversee monthly financial and management reporting
and analysis process, including reviewing monthly results with
- Provide oversight and approval for vendor and partner deal
structuring and financial due diligence review as necessary.
- Lead the Finance support for grassroots and strategic event
activities in the Americas
- Provide Finance support for global initiatives as needed,
including for global content or global event initiatives
- Maintain open and ongoing lines of communication with FIBA
Global finance staff and finance team, and other regional offices,
to resolve queries, clarify transactions, and to understand and
support all business and operational initiatives and
- Manage relationships with external professional service
providers, and evaluate and engage third party suppliers, as
required e.g., outside accounting, tax, and bookkeeping firms,
business consultants, etc.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as required
Systems--- Maintain and develop the financial IT systems under the
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Strong working knowledge of PeopleSoft, Excel and Hyperion with
proficiency in query functions, spreadsheet and database
- Ability to multi-task within a high-pressure environment while
meeting strict deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, sensitive to numbers and be able to read
behind the numbers
- Balancing well strategic aspects with a hands-on approach in a
matrix and international environment
- Fully conversant with US GAAP / IFRS
- Cultural sensitivity and global awareness.
- Entrepreneurial and independent
- 8+ years professional experience in an accounting, finance or
related business role within the professional sports,
entertainment, media or service industry.
- Experience working for a multi-national company with operations
in Latin America and involvement in all aspects of Business
- Experience with USA regulations would be a plus.
- Proficiency in English is a MUST and Spanish is preferable.
Educational Background Required:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related business
- Professional Accounting Qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA etc.) is
- Advanced degree / MBA would be a plus
Keywords: FIBA, Davie , Finance Senior Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!